Monday 12 March 2012

Level 24 - Permadeath - This is not easy!

After a couple of long sessions, Lormak has broke through the level 24 barrier and is halfway through to 25.

It's tough, very tough. So many close calls. Magic users and Orcs with two-handed weapons are the things that I most fear at the moment.

Also archers are to be feared on master level. Previously they were like annoying stinging flies in a fight, now they pack a real punch and can easily take off 33% of your hits on a regular attack, or a critical hit can take off 66%.

I'm still stuck with "Proving Honor" quest for the Companions. I am still unable to get a follower due to this. Don't know if this is a bug, but each time I go to recruit someone they inform me that I already have someone with me. Can't see how they would know that, as the guy is waiting for me outside of "Dustmans Cairn". Anyway, if anything, this is giving me a bit of focus. I need to clear out Dustmans Cairn so I am free to recruit a follower again. It's so dangerous without a follower, poor Lormak is a fine target all by himself.

So he's travelled to Dustmans Cairn and it's been super tough. Those Silverhands have been in the gym for Master difficulty and they really take some punishment. What's more, they have numbers in some fights. With hit and run tactics Lormak was able to finally beat them down and expose the entry to the final area. It's here his courage has failed. He'd run out of arrows and was low on health pots. If he is going to go into the final boss fight, then he'll need everything as it would be easy to get overwhelmed in there and die.

So that's the focus right now, getting everything ready for Dustmans Cairn. Need sneak up high, those undead seem to have real problems finding Lormak in stealth, if he can shoot from a dark nook in the room, he could clear them out without being mobbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment