Monday 19 March 2012

MODS used in this Permadeath playthough with Lormak

Skyrim has a strong mod’ing community and to enhance the enjoyment of playing, I’ve applied a few Mods.

Remember, that the mod can not provide a clear advantage, like special items, or exploits, or non native content where special rewards are gained. The mods I’ve used are as follows:

Crimson Tide
Provides much more bloodier (realistic) wounds and even have enemies bleed out on the ground. Arrow wounds are now soaked with blood. Nice!!! Must have!

Sounds of Skyrim – Dungeons
Adds much more environmental sounds in the dungeons. I can hear rats squeaking somewhere, and can even hear if it’s raining if I’m near the entry way to a dungeon. Pretty cool.

Sounds of Skyrim – Wilds
Here the rustle of critters as they wander around the forest. More bird noises. Fox barks, rabbit screams (yes rabbits do scream). Very nice. Only thing with this, is it freaks me out, I hear stuff rustling in the forest and poor Lormak is spinning around looking for assailants in a cold sweat.

SkyUI
Enhanced user manager which replaces the default game system. This is far superior. Why wasn’t it good like this in the first place? This is simply a must have, no excuses.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Smooths out some of the rougher graphics on some of the items strewn around Skyrim. Makes Skyrim more graphically pleasing to the eye.  

Skyrim HD – 2k Textures
Massive project, massive mod. Focus on graphical upgrades to Skryim to all environments.


All of these increase the immersion to the game, none give me any advantage whatsoever on the game itself. They are basically graphical enhancements or sound enhancements. All very nice though, I’m glad I have them installed. They work well. I have noticed my FPS has dropped in some areas, and I am investigating another mod to get more out of my graphics card. This is Skyboost. I don’t think it’s ready yet for this version of Skyrim so I can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment