Tuesday 8 May 2012

Talsgar the Wanderer - Encounter

My escape from Helgen was amazing. I’d learned some basic fighting skills from some of the caravan guards as we travelled through Skyrim and I put these new skills to the test as we fought our way through the dungeons underneath Helgen.

Stormcloak prisoners and escapees were within. My anger at my recent experience with them rose in me like a red tide. My dance of death was too quick for them as I nimbly worked them around the stone chambers darting in and out of their wild swings gradually wearing them down. It was quite satisfying to bury my sword up to the hilt into the back of one of them. That was the first time I’d ever hurt anybody let alone killed. A strange thing has awoken within me as I enjoyed it a lot. I hate these Nord Stormcloaks and death is almost too good for them.

I picked up some of their weapons. Big two handed swords, axes and hammers. How great would it be to take a huge swing at one of them while they were unprepared? With that thought in mind, I ran into the next room and did that very thing. The blow staggered back a bear like man and he was badly wounded. Now it was time to unsheathe my swords and finish him off with my flashing blades. He never stood a chance and his blood washed over me as I delivered the killing blow. This feels fantastic!

I escaped with a Nord called Hadvar, who helped me hide in Riverwood. I don’t really like Hadvar or his family, or in fact Nords in general (understandably). However, he is an Imperial Solider fighting the very Stormcloaks I’ve sworn vengeance on. I’ll tolerate them, but I really want to get out of this backwater village filled with hicks and go to some place more civilized like Solitude and get my life back in order. They offered to help me, but they said I need to go to Whiterun and inform the Jarl about the Dragon. I’ll do this, as it may help me in Solitude when I offer my services to the Imperial’s there. Hadvar’s father is a blacksmith and he said I can take what I need. His wife is strange though, she told me to keep away from her husband and when I took a hunting bow from a table downstairs she drew a knife on me. Silly bitch! I calmed her with my voice of the emperor ability and got out of there.

On the way to Riverwood, Hadvar and I had killed three bandits at a camp, and another guarding a mine entry, plus three wolves. These lands are certainly dangerous but Hadvar didn’t think much of it. Seems like anybody on the open roads is fair game. I returned to where our fighting occurred after my trip to Hadvar’s family for the purpose of looting the dead bodies. I was surprised to see a burly Nord running down the path towards me. I drew my weapon but before I could swing at him, he handed me some magic armour and told me that he would return for it later and I’d better not double cross him or he’d kill me. Bah…I’m not going to be threatened like that. I waited till he crept off some distance then I shot him with my hunting bow in his back. He took a few shots before he dropped dead. Good riddance, the man was obviously a scoundrel and wont be missed.

I walked further up the path and there is yet another person on the road, a hunter. He asks if I’d seen anybody running through here. I’m a bit embarrassed about the dead corpse down the road so I lie to him. He then carry’s on down the road towards where the body lay. Now I have to get rid of this guy as well, I don’t want any more trouble. He took two arrows only before he got down on his knee begging for mercy. I finished him with my daggers.

A cry goes up behind me and there is yet another person on this road. It turned out this was “Talsgar the Wanderer”, some kind of Bard. I also note due to him seeing me, I have a 1000 gold bounty in Falkreath to pay out. Anyway, I was still level one as I was holding back and trying to get five ranks in my training. I shot him with an arrow and it took off less than 5% of his health.

 http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Talsgar_the_Wanderer

This guy was mean, and to top it off, he was doing some kind of magic as well but thankfully not the destruction kind. I ran for it, ran down the road into the river and swam across it. Talsgar was on the other side yelling out at me but he did not cross the river. Instead, he spotted another Hunter camped by the river and started to attack him as well. What a psycho! I knew I had to do something here, so I got into position while Talsgar and the Hunter fought and started shooting him in the back with my bow. I didn’t do much damage to him, but I was gradually wearing him down. The Hunter eventually was cut down and Talsgar turned on me next. For the next 10 minutes we had a running battle in and out of the river and around rocks while I kept away from the reach of his dagger but constantly shot at him with bow. Eventually I ran out of arrows and I engaged with my big two handed attack and then with my one handed attacks to finish him off. He took a beating but he finally died and it was over. This guy was carrying plenty of loot too so it was good, potion of paralysis was the highlight.

Big problem though, I have a 25 gold bounty in Whiterun due to my criminal activity in Riverwood, and I also have a 1000 gold bounty in Falkreath. The bounty wasn’t removed when Talsgar died. I’m going to be in big trouble if I got anywhere near Falkreath without the money to cover my bounty. I don’t like having this hanging over my head, I want to get a clean name as soon as possible. 1000 gold is a lot though.

No comments:

Post a Comment