Thursday 10 May 2012

Valeria has died....or so it seems.

Last night I had a successful battle focused session which involved me taking on Skooma smugglers nearby Whiterun, followed by a return to Helgen to fight off some bandits that moved in there, and last of all a clear out of Embershard mine between Helgen and Riverwood.

The Skooma smugglers were quite tough. They were of the Outlaw bandit type which I am unable to solo without drinking potions. Two v’s one is really difficult as they can reduce poor Valeria to near death with a couple of swipes. I wasn’t going to fight them both at once and cleverly took them on one at a time. Still burned a few health potions in the process though. While looting their three more walked in. Don’t know where they came from or why they weren’t in the camp originally, but they didn’t like me nosing around their stuff and gave chase. There is a nearby outpost with Whiterun guards at it which I ran towards. Somehow, more bandits saw me while running there so I had over five giving chase. As I arrived near the guards, there was a battle going on with bandits at the outpost. It was quite frantic, but once I shook off the ones that were running immediately behind me onto some of the guards it allowed me to turn around and shoot at them with my bow which easily does the most damage. The bandits didn’t have a chase as the guards were well equipped to handle them. They all lay dead around the tower with plenty of great loot to sell off. I returned to the camp and completed my looting there.

Next destination was Helgen. I bought a horse for the trip with my new found wealth and it was a good thing too as there were quite a lot of bandits roaming around in the ruins. The horse helped out quite a bit in the fight, distracting the bandits while it gave me a chance to pick them off with my bow. Inside the old citadel there were even more, some of them the outlaw types which were much harder to kill off. Had a very solid fight against once with a mace and shield. A worthy foe indeed! This group also had a bandit chieftain with them. A female as well, this was one very tough fight. I burned through all my poisons on her, two potions of paralysis and lots and lots of food and health potions. Finally she succumbed to my cuts and I defeated her leaving me to loot a large chest down there with some pretty decent items in it.

Last of all I cleared out Embershard mine. This was pretty easy/straight forward. Some good ore to be found in there and some average loot.


With all the money that I’ve earned I took some more lessons in one handed fighting and paid off all my bounties. I’m no longer a wanted woman and can now breathe easier. I think I need to get to all main Skyrim cities and check them out. I also need a fence to get rid of stolen items as I am building up quite the collection of stuff which I’m carrying around but can’t sell off.

My level is now midway through level 11.


So how did I die? After playing the game I was plagued by the most horrible of dreams. I am getting over a cold, and had a disturbed sleep as well which didn’t help. The dream had Valeria once again fighting the bandit chieftain, but this time her hits went down close to 0. I’ve hit the tab button and my items have shown up but in the dream I couldn’t use any health potions or food. It kept saying error. When I tab’ed out the rest of my health vanished and I fell down dead. I felt completely helpless in the dream to prevent this and was quite annoyed. I knew it was a dream but in my half sleep I kept tossing over the various options I should have done to avoid that situation. I woke up the next day exhausted. Hopefully it’s not a vision of the future J

No comments:

Post a Comment